Thursday, April 23, 2009

Finally, a swing!








Luke go this swing for Christmas last year...not the one that just passed, but 2007! What slackers!!! So we debated on where to put it and that takes at least a year to decide. You can't believe what a decision it is! Our backyard is a little hard to get Luke into, then should we put it inside? that would be crazy because the other kids would try to climb in it! So, we decided on Papa and Mimi's house. Found the perfect spot and Lukers is a very happy little camper! He loves to swing! It is awesome vestibular input. Kind of like crack for a crack head! What? how else can you explain it? Okay, or maybe like strawberry shortcake icecream for me! Now, that is like real crack!
And man is he handsome! Our little Luke will be 12 this July! It is really hard to believe when I snuggle him each night that he is actually as big as the love seat now. He is almost 5' tall! and is getting a little peach fuzz mustache! it looks real cool sticking out of his passy! He may have that passy until he is 18! Sorry Uncle Brent! And that soon will be May 7th...the day we got out of the hospital 11 years ago and started a journey that we could not understand yet, but knowing that our life would be different from that point. We really didnt know what to expect. It has been harder than anything I could have ever imagined, but more amazing and rewarding than anything that you can put words on! So I wanted to share this with you. Carrie Stroud used to keep the kids for us when Brianna was just a little baby and Grace. She wrote this for Luke and well, it still sits in his room and I just wanted to share it with you all...
Luke
I often watch as the sun goes down
And grin as a noonbeam takes its place
Ane yet, all the glorious things in this world
Seem dim to your smiling face
Each day I watch in amazement
As you grow to be so strong
You've proven yourself a thousand times
As though you've known the plan all along
You have touched the lives of so many
We each have a story to share
Of how your simple laughter
Makes our burdnes easier to bear
Sometimes life can be unpleasant
And hard to rise above
So we needed someone here with us
To show us how to love
Our Heavenly Father knew our needs
And sensed just what to do
He wanted to give us an angel
And so God gave us You!
Thanks Carrie! Just one more of you many talents!

6 comments:

Leanna said...

Thanks, now I'm back to where I was last night, crying! It was so awesome to see how happy he was in that swing for the first time! I'm glad I was there. Luke is amazing!

regina said...

ditto on the tears part! His smile made the tears worthwhile tho.

said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how big he's gotten! He's such a little man now. He's gonna be tall like his daddy. I know he loves that swing, you can see it all over his face!

Carrie said...

oh my, he looks awesome in that swing! Thanks for sharing the poem I wrote, I still mean it:)

Pittman Four said...

the children who struggle, the children who smile no matter what, the children who love no matter what is why I chose to teach Special Education. There is a love there that can't be compared to anything I have ever felt. I wanted to be around that. They are innocent and PURE... It's like they are walking with Christ beside them. That's the only thing I can compare it to. They are AWESOME!!!!

Luke is Awesome! :)
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

So, I know this post took place quite some time ago, but I just found your blog. I hope you remember me...I use to watch your 4 little ones and help with Luke's physical therapy. We also have a blog, it is alexjennrockwood.blogspot.com. Luke is so handsome. Hope all is well with your family!

Jennifer