Monday, July 7, 2008

Last bit of camping

So I am not sure if I mentioned how bad it stormed while we were camping. PopPop and Patty had a storm the night before we got there so we thought we were safe but that was not so. On the second day we were there about 4pm it started to pour. We shoved everyone into tents except for dad, patrice and matt. Luke and I sat inside our tent safely trying to stay dry. Our tent was closest to the water and all of a sudden it sounded like a waterfall and then came the hail! YES HAIL!!!! that is not snow, but HAIL! A couple of them pelted Patty on the had through the shelter over the food area! What a mess!


Thsi is everything piled up in the middle of the tent. It is really hard to pile up a king size air mattress and a twin....Luke was laying on the other twin air mattress. We eventually started to pile it on top of Luke, which he loved because of the heavy sensory input! What a goof! How was I supposed to know that if something was touching the walls that water would come in! I got in big trouble for that. HEHE~


A little tired! I think this was after dinner at Cowboy's, which is a restaurant on the water, after the hail storm.


Yeah, we forgot hats. Matt got realy fried on his head. What is that saying... proper planning prevents ____ poor performance. What can I say, I tried, but we had hot Krystals!

Look Sadie Kaye! It is barky! I just love this picture of Sparky. Some of you will notice the arctic blonde on his mouth area. He has a stressful life protecting the household. YEAH RIGHT!

2 comments:

said...

Looks like y'all had quite a time! I wouldn't have known about not touching the tent walls either. Give Lukers a big hug for me!

Leanna said...

I sure wish we could have been there!! Looks like so much fun despite the rain and hail.