Monday, December 8, 2008

Tribute to Bubba


Well, Sunday was a very sad day. As some of you know and have read on previous post, Isaac, had a pet snake named Bubba. Well, Bubba was sick. He had a respiratory infection...who knew? Apparently, it got too cold down in Isaac's room and he got sick. We (by "we" I mean Matt) put a mouse in his cage for him to eat and he didnt even bother with it. We (again Matt) knew then that something was wrong. Then we (again, Matt) noticed that he was mouth breathing and had mucus in his mouth. After a little research and talking to the pet store we bought it at, we decided that we were not going to be able to take care of this ourselves (meaning Matt and Isaac) and that we would take him back to the guys at the pet store to give him some TLC and then find him a home.

Well, all it took was one tear from Isaac and then my flood gates opened. There is nothing like seeing your child hurt. I felt like Bubba was looking at me over Matt's fingers and was begging me to help him. I know he is only a snake, but he looked so helpless....like when you have a cold and your head feels like a bowling ball. Matt just said, "Becca, it is a snake and we are not taking it to a reptile vet and spending money on a snake"


So here is to you Bubba...our long, slimy, 2' long, but stayed curled up in a ball (hence the name ball python) friend. We will miss you and hope that you have a long happy life eating lots of mice that never have to come through my doors again. You sure are a purty snake! We love you! (shhh...don't laugh, I have to say that)

1 comment:

Lulucarrot said...

I would have had a hard time watching Isaac cry but am so happy that snake is gone before I come to your house for the Holidays. I feel about snakes like Mama does about Cats. Love you. Erica